Stress, handwork and lots of thinking can create tension in the body, which can lead to chronic aches, tightness and or constipation. Exercise is an ideal way of releasing
buildup of physical tension. The challenge is to find the types of exercise you enjoy most and then build them into your life!
Things to Consider:
- Think About What you Loved to do as a Kid. This is a good place to start when looking for a new exercise routine.
- Listen to your Body. Once you know how different types of movement nourish you body in different ways, you can put together a variety of activities to keep you in balance.
- What’s Your Personality Type? If you are a quiet person and enjoy alone time, consider a couple sets of weights that you can use in the comfort of your own home. If you like being around people, you can find team sports, like basketball or pickle ball to keep yourself interested. Or, blend the two and take a group fitness class.
- When do you Have the Most Energy? Some people enjoy early morning workouts, where others are more motivated in the evening.
- Think About Comfort Level. Look for a gym or place of meeting that has an atmosphere that is pleasant, comfortable and welcoming. This will only boost you chances of going on a regular basis.
WHAT WILL GET YOU MOVING?!
*Excerpt from Peak’s August newsletter, Health Coach Sarah Kenyon